Wednesday 5 April 2017

Bad days do end.

Hey, I'm still here, a little more hopeful than before, my last post was really depressing.

Any way, I still have bad days, when happiness seems more like a mirage than a destination.
It jumps further away again just out of reach each time I seem to get close to it.

While I'm at it, it feels like I'm in a desert full of sufferings and false hopes.
Like my desert isn't supposed to end after all.

It feels as if my universe isn't ever going to return all the good.
Maybe for some, everything never really gets back to them after all.

Sometimes it feels like I'll never be able to escape this dreary vacuum of distress.
Sometimes it feels like I'll never get there, like I'll never be okay.

I look behind me.
I feel the pain that I endured.
I notice all the vanquished inner demons.
I see everything that I've been through.
I realise how far I've come.

And I know, without question, that I'm never going back.
And if I'm not going back, then I'm only moving ahead.

I recall and live it all again and remind myself that I have to turn around and onward.
I've come too far to give up because of one bad decision and a few bad days.

Because now I know.

Bad days end.

New days begin.

And tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the image to read about the interview and more!