Thursday 2 May 2013

Art-i-facts!!!

It all started last year with a list of "Things-Before-Thirty". The start-off being 'Bungee Jumping', completed unsuccessfully, the next that was up was 'Getting Tattooed'!
So last month I miraculously built up the nerve to drop by the tattoo studio to see if the artist I wanted happened to be there available for a walk-in.
I had him paper my design, bring in all my desired curves and details till he was finally ready to etch the master piece onto my ankle!

My heart just about exploded out of my chest - I thought I'd pass out before we even started! Having general anxiety to begin with made me want to run the heck out of there, but knowing how bad I wanted this tattoo, and also that it happens to be on my list of Things-Before-Thirty, I just sucked it up and went for it. I am so glad I did, because I love it!
It took three and a half hours to finish and let me just say that I am so thankful to have been lying on my stomach so I could hide my cringing face in the table! I would have been so embarrassed if people saw my face because there were 2 other guys in there waiting up all calmly and facing in my direction. How can anyone not cringe?! lol! The outline wasn't as bad as the filling and shading. At parts, the outline didn't even really hurt but felt more like a burning, except on the bone where I could feel the needle drilling hard till my knee. But towards the end of the coloring, I was literally clutching onto my head and squeezing my fists to keep from crying out.

I was done, and was excited to show up at home with this new avatar! I awaited that surprise look and that wow, which was eventually heard as i entered and pulled up my jeans to show-off my awesomely beautiful and sexy tattoo!!! And yes, I did get that "OOOOOOh My God"!!!!


Click on the image to read about the interview and more!