Friday 25 January 2013

Fragrances and Memories

Last two weeks were great, I was on a holiday, and guys, it was awesome!!

But somehow, I'm still neurotic!!

Before heading back home this weekend, I was seeing my relatives and cousins, the whole day there were things like big family brunches and such stuff!!!
Just as I was moving around in the house, a sudden memory, a sudden flash, and I was thinking "Gosh, why did I walk into this room?"

[Those of you who read my posts regularly must have gone through the one on fragrances, for those who haven't, it's Lose It!!!
PS, I have a very good olfactory system, and I sniff and recollect real good! ]

I could feel the pheromones gushing through my veins, just as they did last year! It was that typical hint of cologne ( or whatever) I could feel lingering in the room that had caused all this.
It had been a hundred years since I had sniffed that fragrance, it only feels like that, but yeah!
Where had the time all gone? All of it seemed to be stolen and hidden in bottles of likable odours- perfumes!

It was a nice smell, and when it first hit me, I was living all those memories again, unbidden.
I didn't know what to do then, to sniff it as much as I could and bring it home, or let out all that I had breathed in and get out of that room asap!!

Just then one of my cousins joined me in the room, and I realized the things that had just crossed my mind were far, in some other part of the country!

I knew, the other end of life it was!! And it was supposed to be long lost and forgotten, times change, so do the meaning of fragrances and memories linked to them!!

Brains? I wish there were things that could format human memories back and again, when needed!
Click on the image to read about the interview and more!