Tuesday 30 October 2012

Be Me Or Not To Be Me?

"Live for yourself, not for the world",

that's what they all say.

But somehow, I always find myself giving a lot of importance to the people around me, I keep pondering over what they think of me, and how well I've been able to impress them.
And hence, I've been thinking a lot lately about the decisions I make.
What do people think of me when they see me? Do they see a woman of integrity, or just a goofy kid with a YouTube account?
Why do I hold this cowardice when it comes to standing firm in who I am and who I choose to follow?
Is it the fear of rejection, or the innate defensive reaction to attack?

I haven't the slightest.
Every action I take affects how others visualize me.
This isn't to say that everyone's opinions of me are what's important.
But certainly, I should be living up to a specific standard. If I'm not meeting that standard, then I need to rethink my decision making process.
Still, in the coming weeks, I'm going to try and make my true-self more apparent to those around me, instead of compromising my values for the sake of conforming. I hope everyone will respect that choice.
Click on the image to read about the interview and more!